Thursday, January 19, 2012

Local Produce. Extraordinary Taste.

Lolo Gardens is becoming a reality! And I'm still single, which I think was part of the reason for starting this blog... to open a bakery and get a boyfriend, right? Well, it just goes to show some things are easier said than done. (Wonder if the fact that I am spending a Thursday night blogging in old PJs while eating cookie dough, drinking a warmish beer and watching Sex and The City reruns has anything to do with the latter. I vow I will hit the town this weekend. But tonight its me & my Mac and some calories.)

But I digress. Lolo Gardens is for real.  The logo is finalized. The business cards are at the printer. The website has a landing page. The Organic Certification Research is underway. The Macadamia Nut and Avocado partnerships have been forged. I'm working on an 'in' for Mangos, Kabochas and Lemons. I've purchased packaging for my mini media kits. I wrote a bunch of copy. I'm brainstorming my cocktail-focused herbs display and packaging. Next week I'm finalizing my market vendor application kits and baking up some winners.

Here's a sneak peak:








An Urban Homestead.
Small-scale agriculture and sustainable living practices within view of the Honolulu skyline.
Home of pesticide-free, heirloom-focused gardening, tropical fruits, buzzing honeybees and happy and healthy free-range hens. 


Local Produce. Extraordinary Taste.

Fresh from the Farm: Free-range Brown Eggs. Lilikoi (Purple and Yellow varieties of Passion Fruit). Tangerines. Strawberry Guavas. Apple Bananas. Heirloom Tomatoes. Purple and Pink Sweet Potatoes. Tempting Figs. Creamy Avocados. Rosy Pomegranates. And a variety of Cocktail and Culinary-friendly Herbs: Green Culinary Sage. Lemon Grass. Mint. Rosemary. Thyme. Purple Opal and Sweet Green Basil.








An Artisan Bakery.
Hearty muffins, creamy curds and extraordinary baked goods.
Partnering Lolo Gardens with other local farmers to create island-inspired treats, naturally.


Local Produce. Extraordinary Taste.

Our Famous Muffins: Kabocha (Local Pumpkin) Cream Cheese. Macadamia Nut and Pineapple Morning Glory. Kona Coffee and North Shore Chocolate Chunk. Blueberry Bran with Mango Middles. Kabocha Cheddar Spice.  Corn with Avocado and Raspberry. Meyer Lemon and Sour Cream Cranberry.

Our Creamy Curds: Classic Lilikoi. North Shore Lime. Meyer Lemon. Honey Tangerine. 

How do you enjoy a creamy English-style curd? Spread it on a freshly crisped english muffin, crumpet or hearty toast for a sweet and decadent twist. Drizzle it over ice cream. Fill cupcakes before frosting for a sweet and tart surprise. Or simply, with spoon and jar in hand, savoring every last drop.

Want to find us at a Farmers Market? Special Orders? Questions?
Contact Lolo Gardens: Info@LoloGardens.com  
    

So yup, I'm on my way. Good stuff to come. Maybe a boyfriend too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment